Thrive Across America Flyer
[title] Support your employees in their health and fitness goals
[subtitle] with Thrive Across America
Caring for your employee’s health and wellness can seem daunting, especially when it comes to physical activity. But with Thrive Across America, Kaiser Permanente has created a program that makes supporting your employee’s health and fitness goals fun, easy, and productive - and that leads to employees who have more fun, enjoy their work, and increase their productivity.
[head] Why employee health programs work
The rigors of day-to-day stress can break the body down, which in turn leads to a multitude of issues ranging from lack of focus to physical ailments. For some, physical activity can seem overwhelming – they may not know where to begin, and how best to start on the path to health. For others, physical activity is more of a personal endeavor – your employees may not have considered a team atmosphere to help them in achieving their goals.
But it also helps employees be more effective at work. The Institute for HealthCare Consumerism cited a comprehensive analysis of 42 published studies of worksite health promotion programs that showed cost reductions and financial gains including:
• An average of 28 percent reduction in sick days
• An average of 26 percent reduction in health costs
• An average of 30 percent reduction in workers’ compensation and disability management claims
• An average $5.93 to $1 savings-to-cost ratio.
By uniting your employees in a common goal of health, you provide them not only with the opportunity to support one another in achieving their initiatives, but in creating an even more connected team atmosphere in the office. It’s a fun and effective way to increase employee activity.
[head] How Thrive Across America helps
Thrive Across America is easily implemented in any office environment, whether your company already supports an inter-office fitness initiative, or even if it’s never had one. Plus, it’s already built into employer coverage at no extra cost.
Employees are encouraged to engage in 150 minutes of exercise – or more – per week, using our special virtual cross-country program that shares famed landmarks, interesting health and recipe tips, and more to keep them motivated as they go. Through friendly competition, employees are encouraged to be their best.
[head] Making fitness fun and easy
Companies that use Thrive Across America in the workplace can enjoy:
• Free communication tools: Thrive Across America will provide posters, e-mails and more to help promote the new initiative
• Free apps to track progress: Every employee who signs up can use the free app, available on iPhone and Android, or sign in online to log and track their exercise progress
• Open sign-ups: All employees are welcome to join in on the fun, whether they’re covered by Kaiser Permanente or not
• Flexible participation: Whether your employees want to participate as a team or as individuals, Thrive Across America supports both approaches
• Competing for prizes:Teams and individuals can work together to win special prizes as they move closer to their fitness goals
[head] Create healthy change in your office environment
Thrive Across America isn’t just a fun way to encourage employees to get active, it helps them evolve into a healthier self. When Kaiser Permanente used Thrive Across America nationally across our entire company, we discovered:
• 20,108 total registrants had signed up by the end of the first week
• 8,542 participants completed the entire east-to-west virtual route by the end of the campaign
• Team registrants exceeded individual registrants by 41 percent (12,318 vs. 7,287), with 2,143 official teams nationwide
• 71 percent of surveyed participants said they increased their physical activity
• Registrants increased their physical activity from an average of 3.3 days at the start of the program, to an average of 5.0 by the end
• Nearly 40 percent of participants said their weight decreased over the course of the program
• 56.6 percent said their energy levels had increased
• Nearly all of the participants who completed their evaluations – 97.1 percent — said they would participate in a future program if offered
[head] Employees love Thrive Across America
With Kaiser Permanente’s Thrive Across America, countless companies across the nation have helped their employees grow and excel in their health and fitness goals. Feedback we’ve gotten from the program includes:
• “Using Thrive Across America not only helped me get on a regular fitness regimen, but it also helped me become more focused and alert, which in turn helped me be more present for my students.” - Thomas Harrison, Maeola R. Beitzel Elementary
• “Since we work together and share lunch, we just started the conversation of forming a team when the competition began. We were all working out and staying fit so it was an easy transition to track our progress.” - The Wee Herd, Elk Grove Unified School District
• “Thrive Across America was wonderful for keeping me motivated, showing me how far I’d progressed in my goals, and encouraging me to keep going, even when I didn’t want to or think I could. I’m so glad I stuck with it!” - Allan Curtis, Franklin High School
[head] Get ready to Thrive Across America today
Contact your local Kaiser Permanente representative to learn how you can use Thrive Across America in your workplace.
866-402-4320 (toll free)
To schedule an appointment: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
[subhead] Northern California
866-251-4514 (toll free)
To schedule an appointment: Daily, 6 a.m. to midnight
[head] Encourage your employees to Thrive Across America
To learn more about Thrive Across America, contact your Kaiser Permanente representative or visit businessnet.kp.org.
Business Marketing Communications